Football Association of Wales
Reports to: Head of Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement
Hours of Work 35 hours working week
Contractual Status Permanent – Subject to 6 months’ probation**
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is seeking to appoint a Corporate Communications Executive. The FAW is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grassroots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all international squads.
The Corporate Communications Executive sits within the Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement Department of the FAW and reports directly to the Head of Public Affairs. The role of Corporate Communications Executive is to act as the main point of contact for all stakeholders and to provide support to the Head of Department and others in the FAW communications team.
• Input into the design, development and implementation of a long term corporate communications strategy
• Support the written communication process on all platforms
• To produce corporate communications including internal newsletters ,the FAW annual reports, written communications to all stakeholder groups including the Welsh Government.
• Monitor and evaluate internal and external communications effectiveness and continually amend to reflect stakeholder and audience requirements
• To create media content and support social media output – ensuring that internal and external communications are relevant and up to date
• To oversee the maintenance of branding guidelines
• Develop and deliver a regular flow of news using the key business events calendar
• Researching pro-active story ideas, case studies and comment pieces
• To write content for the FAW website
• Produce corporate communications including internal newsletters etc.
• To assist in co-ordinating public relation activities to promote the FAW, the teams and related activities, i.e. press releases, organising press conferences etc.
• Research and responding to press enquiries, ensuring that media sign-off protocols are adhered
• Manage and develop in-house communications and publications
• Provide proofreading, editing and communications advice and services to internal colleagues and customers
• To perform other duties as required/assigned by Departmental Managers
Skills & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for all aspects of Welsh football.
• Experience of appropriate software packages.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deliver presentations.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Demonstrate flexibility.
• Show willingness to learn.
• Demonstrate attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• The ability to deal with difficult matters professionally and in confidence.
• The ability to work as part of a team but also without supervision.
• To work outside of normal working hours.
• Knowledge of domestic football in Wales.
• Knowledge of football throughout the UK and Europe (advantageous).
• The ability to speak Welsh (advantageous).
The position is based at the FAW Offices in Cardiff. The post holder will be required at times to perform their duties or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or internationally, at the discretion of the Head of Public Affairs.
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
• Deadline for candidates is Friday, October 20th.
• Applications received after these dates will not be considered.
• Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post and be accompanied with a curriculum vita.
• Applications should be sent to IGHughes@faw.co.uk clearly marking the subject of the email: Corporate Communications Executive.
• All interviews will be held at the FAW Offices, Cardiff.
• The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DSB/CRB check and two professional /personal references, to the satisfaction of the FAW.
** The role is subject to a standard probation period of six months and the FAW reserve the right to extend this as appropriate.